This project is succeeded by the Mapping Kit. The Carto module makes the mappingwidgets framework available to nodes in Drupal. This enables the browsing of maps (available from opengis compliant web mapping services) in drupal nodes. General functionality:
- carto filter to include mapping widgets in any drupal node
- default block for an overview map (with zoom in functionality) or a simple legend
- custom blocks can be defined using the carto filter containing any type of mappingwidget; e.g. a custom overview/legend block or a button-block.
- node type for specifying opengis web mapping services; block and RSS feeds for recently added WMS'es; ogc getmap/getcapabilities request can be done through drupal.
- RSS feeds for recent maps (per user or overall)
External components used are: smarty (http://smarty.php.net) and mappingwidgets (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mappingwidgets/). In case the PHP/MapScript extension of UMN MapServer is installed on the server, the ServerMap widget can be used to serve local maps.